Registration as a Health Professional

Want to work as a health professional in Jersey or Guernsey? No worries, they’d be happy to have you! You’ll just need to be registered, and I’ll tell you how to go about it here.

Public health services in the Channel Islands are looked after by their Health and Social Care Committees, affectionately referred to as the “HSC” in the local lingo (any other NSW kids getting flashbacks to year 12?).

The HSC are in charge of keeping the list of registered health professionals able to work on the island in their respective field – doctors, nurses, allied health, you name it.

Registration with the HSC in Jersey or in Guernsey essentially relies on being registered with your relevant regulatory organisation in the UK – for most of us that’s the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).

If you’re not already registered with the HCPC head on over to my article in the United Kingdom section to get some help with the process.

If you are already registered with the HCPC, then this step is super easy for you.

All you have to do if complete the HSC’s Application for Inclusion in the Register Form (which will be emailed to you by your employer).

And better yet, there is no charge for this – it’s free!

Job done.


> Applying to Population Management

< Back to the Channel Islands