Just to confirm, by the end of this process you should have:
- A completed application form
- A passport photo attached
- A completed Course Information Form from your uni
- Certified copies (e.g. from your local Justice of the Peace or Police Station) of:
- Your passport
- A proof of address document
- You uni qualifications
Now chuck it all in an A4 envelope (no staples or paperclips) and post it off to Old London Town.
After this it’s just a waiting game (up to 4 months), but you should expect the following:
- An email confirming that your application has been received by the HCPC office
- An email with a link to pay your APPLICATION/SCRUTINY fee
- Within 4 weeks of payment, an email to say your application has been accepted (if everything’s complete) and the initial assessment process has commenced
- Within 60 working days, an email stating the outcome of your application (fingers crossed for APPROVED!)
Once your application is approved you will need to pay your REGISTRATION fee to be added to the HCPC register of health professionals.
At the moment registration costs £180 for 2 years.
The registration cycle runs on different dates for different professions, for example the current registration cycle for physiotherapists is April 2020 to April 2022.
You can apply at any time of year (you don’t need to wait until April), and the rate you pay will be adjusted depending on how much of the cycle is remaining. For example if you register in the second year of the cycle, you will only pay £90. When the next cycle commences, you will then pay the full £180 to be registered for the next 2 years.
You’ve got the big green tick to allow you to work! It’s full steam ahead now to your next job – getting into the country. It’s time to apply for a visa.
> The Next Step: Arranging Your Visa
< Back to the UK